Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bleh

Still paying for the shame spiral I went through the other day. What is it about eating unhealthy one time that makes it so hard to get back on track. Yesterday I had cookies with milk. And it wasn't just one cookie, it was 2. I guess it's like people addicted to cigarettes. After going cold turkey, any cheating can lead to a really unhealthy shame spiral until you get sick enough of it to go cold turkey again. Today, I was craving sweets and ALMOST went for a piece of the Halloween candy (I don't have much. I really only keep it for the times when my blood sugar is just soooo low that I need something QUICK to pick me up) but instead I went for a delicious mango. Much better choice!

 I weighed 117 today :( :( :( but I did weigh myself after a bowl of cereal so maybe that added SOMETHING.

My biggest disappointment today is that I woke up sooo late. As in, I wasn't out of bed until about noon. I originally woke up at 8:2o but I knew Clint wanted to keep sleeping so I figured one more hour wouldn't hurt. Unfortunately, my hour was about 3 and a half. :/ Although a solid 8 hours of sleep is good, too much is such a waste. By the time I finished cooking and ate, I didn't have time to let my food settle before leaving the house for the night. But I'm not gonna skip my workout today. I'm doing what I HATE to do which is workout around 10:30 :/. I can't let myself make these kinds of mistakes and keeping track of what I'm doing is just helping me learn.

If I'm not too tired, I may be brave enough to start one of the Bob Harper DVDs tonight. If not, it's still gonna be Jillian and I'm gonna move on to Level 2 cos I feel level 1 getting easy.

Jeidi, you'd be proud. For lunch I made black bean chili that had fake meat AND lots of beans so it wasn't too high in calories AND it had crap tons of protein :). I also had it with a glass of skim milk with vanilla protein powder.

2 comments:

  1. Nena, you are doing so good ! La comida siempre esta ahi y siempre sera una tentacion. Lo importante es comer bien la mayor parte del tiempo. Si vas a comer mucho, trata de que sea algo saludable , nunca junk food. Pero un poco de junk es OK en los holidays ;). Se consistente con los ejercicios que es lo que quema las calorias y te mantiene el metabolismo elevado. Si te pasas demasiado en la comida, puedes hacer una segunda sesion de ejercicios con Jillian. Solo son 30 minutos y quedas nueva and free of guilt !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I worry that your lack of protein and veggies contribute to a lack of energy. As a vegetarian who borders on vegan, you have to really search out proteins. Carbs are no problem and you have to be diligent about getting good fats in to fight off your cravings.

    ReplyDelete